There are a LOT of Jacksonville dog boarding options. Why is one different from another? Is it the brand? Maybe the free stuff they give you on your way out the door? IOr the pretty colors of their logo? Here are few checklist items that are an absolute MUST when you are choosing a place for your 4-legged fur kids to stay:
Jacksonville Dog Boarding Options
- When you enter the Jacksonville dog boarding option, what are your first impressions? Does it smell? A good sniff test can reveal a lot at the facility.
- Does the inside area of the Jacksonville dog boarding facility look torn up? Would you be afraid to bring people into the space, if needed? Does your veterinarian office look better than this space?
- When you speak with the owners or staff at the dog boarding facility, how do you feel? Do the staff at the dog boarding facility see you as a number or are they proud to speak to the programs and solutions they offer dogs in their care? What are the facilities reviews on social media, Facebook, Google, Yelp? Good Dog Boarding Reviews are so important these days!
- What sort of credentials does the company, facility and staff have? How long have they been with the company? What sort of education do the staff and owners go through to open a dog boarding facility? Are they even licensed with the City of Jacksonville? Dog Boarding facilities must operate with the following in Jacksonville:
- Working Fire Suppression System.
- Located in a Commercial Zoned Space.
- Operate with a license, similar to that of a Veterinarian License, to care for and house dogs.
- Any for profit space that houses 4+ dogs must operate with a license that covers A, B & C.
Which Veterinarians do they recommend?
- How is air circulated in the space? Are there enough air handlers? Is the air moved inside and outside the facility or is it the same recycled stuff? Again, smell the air, is it sugar coated with glade plug-ins or is does it smell like the backside of a bar with bleach everywhere? Bleach is a great disinfectant for humans, but is not so good on dog paws. What have been your experiences with Jacksonville dog boarding options?
- What does the facility do in case of emergency? Is there an on-call veterinarian or relationship with a local veterinarian?
- Does the dog boarding company use a nice sized kennel for the boarding? Is a cage used? Would you enjoy the space if you had to live in it for two or three days?
- Does the dog boarding facility have webcams? Can the owners see their dogs playing with other dogs or is there a way through social media to see the dogs? How about a few pictures by text? If not, what do they have to hide? Important Jacksonville dog boarding options.
Your vacation will be so much more enjoyable when you don’t have to worry about your four legged family friend. There are many Jacksonville Dog Boarding Options available. You know he/she will be well taken care of, happy and healthy. A happy trip means you have no worries at home. Before you start the vacation, you need to know everything is taken care of by others at home. The right dog boarding facility can relieve anxieties for both dog and owner. Here is a great article that discusses finding the right dog pet hotel.
Daycare included with Boarding
Happy Hound Dog Resorts is reasonably priced and daycare is included with the price of boarding. Other facilities charge extra for daycare when the dogs are boarded. Your canine will be happy, healthy and busy enjoying his days in daycare while you are away. If you need proof, just check out our webcam! Contact Happy Hound Dog Resorts and schedule a tour. Learn more about the Dog Boarding Prices Jacksonville FL for more information.